HTSD approves Health and Safety Plan update
On Monday, Feb. 28, 2022, the Hampton Township School District Board of School Directors approved a revised Health and Safety Plan, which includes the following changes:
- The District will move from universal masking to optional masking in all settings, including transportation, activities, and athletic events beginning on March 1, 2022.
- Parents are asked to continue to contact the school nurse or complete District electronic forms if a student is positive for COVID-19.
- Students and staff returning to school or work after testing positive for COVID-19 can return after 5 days and mask on days 6-10 per the CDC’s shortened isolation protocol. If masking is not preferred, a 10-day isolation is required.
- The District will no longer conduct contact tracing under the optional masking protocol. Parents may voluntarily quarantine students based on close contact outside of school
- If a student is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, they may be asked to wear a mask in the nurse’s office and may be sent home due to symptoms.
- Zoom access to classroom instruction will be available to only those students who are isolating at home due to a positive COVID-19 test.
- The District will revisit the Health and Safety Plan should the CDC county transmission level reach high for two consecutive weeks.
HTSD asks that students and families be respectful of everyone’s decision to wear a mask or not. The District's expectation, as always, is for everyone in Hampton Township School District to be treated with kindness and respect.