11 HHS students win Pittsburgh Region Scholastic Art & Writing competition
Eleven students from Hampton High School earned awards in the prestigious Scholastic Art & Writing competition for the Pittsburgh region!
There were 16 winning submissions for art from Hampton, including multiple awards for some students. Congratulations to Gold Key winners — Amanda Elstner, Emma Homison, and Marissa Vizzoca; Silver Key winners — David Poirier and Kiley Vande Geest; and Honorable Mention winners — Woohyon Chong, Suying Jiang, Haley Martin, Katie Mazzotta, and Sadie Shelkey!
On Saturday, Feb. 25, the winning artwork was displayed at the Pittsburgh Regional Scholastic Awards Exhibition held at Carnegie Mellon University, featuring 400 pieces of the best high school student artwork from the Pittsburgh region. The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, founded in Pittsburgh a century ago, are the nation’s longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for creative teens.
See below for the full list of Hampton students who won awards along with their winning submission:
- Woohyon Chong - Honorable Mention “Run!”
- Esther Cohen - Honorable Mention “Home in Winter”
- Amanda Elstner - Honorable Mention “Post Malone”
- Amanda Elstner - Gold Key “Roxy”
- Emma Homison - Gold Key “Keep Your Eyes Peeled”
- Emma Homison - Honorable Mention “I’m All Ears”
- Suying Jiang - Honorable Mention “Beauty in Cold Winter”
- Haley Martin - Honorable Mention “Dissociation”
- Haley Martin - Honorable Mention “Machine Gun Kelly Portrait”
- Kathryn Mazzotta - Honorable Mention “Machine Gun Kelly Portrait”
- David Poirier - Honorable Mention “Eriend One”
- David Poirier - Silver Key “Midwest”
- Sadie Shelkey - Honorable Mention “Summer Night’s Respite”
- Kiley Vande Geest - Silver Key “A Forest Nap”
- Kiley Vande Geest - Honorable Mention “Rapunzel’s Tower”
- Marisa Vizzoca - Gold Key “At Peace”